Tuesday 30 August 2011

Necessary Reading - Tea with Bea

I was lucky enough this weekend to receive a few more cookbooks, one of which was Tea with Bea from Bea's of Bloomsbury. Had a read through and tried a few recipes out, so thought I'd give it a quick review.

Well to cut a long story short, I loved it. The recipes are wonderful, a really great balance of afternoon tea staples, interesting spins on the classics as well as indulgent treats for something special. All of the recipes are clearly described and full of helpful tips, techniques and variations. The illustrations are beautiful, some I've the best I've come across and really do the indulgent and stylish nature of the book justice.

For me though the best thing about the book is that you can really sense the passion the writer has for baking and pastry. They are obviously a highly skilled and experienced pastry chef, but it's their love and enthusiasm that leaves the biggest impression. I can already see my copy is going to be heavily used and I can't recommend it highly enough.


(P.S. Extra props required for mentioning King Arthur Flour!)

No comments:

Post a Comment