Monday 17 February 2014

Life, etc...

The life of a trans-dimensional baking conquistador is one of wonder, whimsy and wholly invested in the pursuit of pure pleasure. However my passion is that of merely an amateur enthusiast and despite my fanaticism I bake and write for fun and fun alone. My alter-ego exists in the real world and works in a real job far removed from food or food culture. In the next few days he shall starting a new old job, before in a month or so starting a new new job which will put considerable demands on both his time and energy, meaning my own baking endeavours may be impacted and my output somewhat restricted. Despite this I am determined to continue with this blog and am resolute in my desire to bake as much as possible. This is why...

For me life is about finding joy in such simple pleasures, be it a slice of cake, a cup of tea or just a quiet hour reading the paper or watching a film. The big grandstand moments, from the spectacular accomplishments to the passionate embraces, are all there to be savoured and remembered, but to be able to take inspiration from the everyday is what life is all about. It is easy to dismiss baking as nothing more than an unnecessary indulgence, but it is so much more than that. Baking is a joyous, fulfilling diversion from the tedious, toneless and tiresome. A colour, texture and flavour filled bonanza of achievable and affordable luxury that not only seeks to gratify, nourish and comfort, but to tantalise, excite and inspire. It is something that means so much to me and if I could I would bake, write about baking and share my love of baking with others all day, every day. Alas, despite my efforts this is not the case and in the near future it will become more difficult to satisfy my baking urges. However if you will stick with me I promise I will do everything I can to continue with this adventure and together we shall journey on for years to come...
TGB

1 comment:

  1. I hope you continue to find the time to bake and to share your baking with us.
    Baking is good therapy, definitely worth making the time for.

    ReplyDelete